2012 Accord Homelink

We'll be taking delivery of a 2012 EX-L in a couple of weeks. Since it's the 4-cyl model, it doesn't have the Homelink system, so I'm going to have to install it. Does anyone know if the 2012 configuration is the same as the 2008-2011 units?

Reply to
Flatlander

Didd you ever get an answer to this? I just got a 2012 4 cyl ex-l and have been looking for a solution to this problem myself. i cant seem to find the OEM part anywhere.

Reply to
eric.jenkins

looking for a solution to this problem myself. i cant seem to find the OEM part anywhere.

Go to this link and particularly Payerman's post on the 2nd page:

I just installed the transmitter in a 2012 Accord we got in December. Works great. I took a few more pictures of the wiring in the overhead install. I'll see if I can upload them in that forum for additional information.

I bought the transmitter for something like $158 from Majestic Honda. People quibble about the price and indicate you may be able to get it for $125. I decided to just go buy the thing rather than spend a lot of time screwing around sub-optimizing things. Never could find anyone selling at that price myself.

I don't recommend you use the method that adds the battery to power the transmitter. When the battery runs down, you've got to pull the overhead to change it. Payerman's method of tying into the existing wiring works fine. I wired mine so it's hot all the time and skipped wiring up the lighting, since the thing is right over your head and easy to find by feel.

Reply to
Flatlander

snipped-for-privacy@gmx.com

-- B. Terry