Access to fuel pump

Steve wrote:

OK, I'm going to start using this car now. If it dies again on me I have to decide to tow it home and work on it myself. (I have a backup car so I'll have time) or tow it to a service station. My decision would be based on how easy it is to access the fuel pump. Can Anyone confirm if the tank needs to be dropped or is there an access panel in the trunk or under the rear seat. I'm hoping someone knows for sure so I dont have to remove the seat or trunk liner to find out????
If dropping the tank I'll let the garage do it if theres an access panel then I'll do it. of course this assumes its the fuel pump not just the relay.
TIA
Steve
Steve wrote:

don't even /think/ of touching the fuel pump until you've sorted out the main relay...
Steve wrote:

If it won't start again, won't you turn off the radio and turn the key to position II and listen to see if the fuel pump runs, like we told you?
You're starting to sound like a waste of keystrokes.
'Curly'

This sounds like the classic Main Relay problem. The fuel pump is operated through that device. The fuel pump itself does not often go bad. It does, but far less often than the Main Relay.
See here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#mainrelay
If the Relay passes the test, then start looking at spark (the next items on that page). If you have spark, /then/ you suspect the fuel pump.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ