Re: This week I'm going to look at...

What's wrong with your V6 again? I must have missed a thread somewhere... >

Sold it. Thought it was what I wanted but reality has a habit of being somewhat different to fantasy. Had planned on having a year of blatting up 1/4 mile strips next year but then realised I enjoyed the community side of club meets, forum meets and shows.

Also it appears I'm growing old. Being rattled to death down the road by rock hard suspension whilst being deafened by virtually straight through exhausts because the interior is stripped out no longer floats my boat. This came as quite a surprise to me. And I don't like rust or seeing plates welded onto motors and having a car so fooking low that you can't get a trolley jack under it is a serious pain in the arse for working on it.

If I get this car, I basically end up with a blue version of my red one but with far better bodywork and a few hundred quid in my pocket when all the cashing up is done.

Reply to
Conor

heh, you and me both. It's causing a few problems in my search for a new toy! Looks like it'll be a cheapo MX-5 to replace the one i just sold but hardly drove.

Even a standard Capri 2.8 is a pain to get a decent jack underneath IME.

Nice one, it looks like it's been well done too! Good luck with it

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

You need one of these ;)