Accord V-Tec Engine

Funny that the dealer wouldn't budge due to inadequate maintenance. I could imagine what he would have said if it was brought in for warranty work......

Reply to
L Alpert

I very much doubt whether there is any problem with the engine. What I would do is to have the oil pressure checked. If there is excesive wear, clearances within the engine would increase leading to a fall in oil pressure.

The oil filter is very efficient at taking out particulate matter and with gas engines there is no or very little dilution of the oil by fuel so lack oil lubricity, which will lead to wear, will not occur. What might be a problem is a loss of additives in the oil that leads to some sludge. That can easily be rectified with an engines as young as this one by flushing. In conclusion if the price is right, go for it, you are most unlikely to have problems.

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

I've never regretted *not* buying a specific car!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee