Alarm system on 2005 Accord EX Automatic

My (new) Accord EX doesn't have an alarm system. It does have keyless entry, but no alarm. The dealer says it's how it's supposed to be. Window sticker (on the car) mentions "Security System" amd "Immobilizer
Theft-Deterrent System". I called service at another dealersip and was told this car should have alarm system as factory pre-installed. Any clues?
Thanks
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Boris wrote:

The keyless entry remote (KER) activates the alarm when you lock the car. You should see a flashing light on the dash.
Try leaving a window down and locking the car. Then reach thru the window and pull up on the door lock. This should cause the alarm to sound.
Try pressing the KER lock twice and the horn should beep indicating the car is locked and the alarm is activated.
You can try pressing and holding the red "Panic" button to cause the alarm to sound.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Thanks a lot for your hint. I checked the alarm, just as you said - it worked. Another question (in case you know): the car has a button on the right side of console with words "anti-theft" near it. I could not find in the manual what this button is for.
Thanks again, Boris
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I have a navigation unit so our consoles may be different. That said, my console does have the text "anti-theft" over a blinking LED. The only button near has a flattened triangle over a bar. I believe this button on my console is the CD eject button. (I've done a major stereo upgrade so I don't use the stock system anymore).
The keys have a coded passive RF circuit that the car senses when the key is near the place one inserts the key. When there is no key detected the anti-theft feature is: no power to the fuel pump.
Kind of wimpy in my mind. Its not that hard to supply 12v DC power to the fuel pump. What I'd like to see is the engine management (specifically fuel injection and spark control) disabled. Pretty hard to "hot wire" these pulsing signals.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

my case. Do you know if this alarm system provides less protection than good after-market alarms? For example, does it have motion detector? Probably, not as good as alarm in a BMW...but Honda costs much less.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I have a new 2005 Accord EX. Brian is right on both counts. The blinking LED is for the radio anti-theft and the other thing is the CD eject button.
My question is this: Anyone know how to get the radio anti-theft LED to STOP blinking. It blinks non-stop sitting in my garage even with the main security system unarmed (the car unlocked)

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Scott wrote:

------------------------
There's no way of stopping it, short of removing it. It uses NO POWER, really. You can put black tape over it. There's several million of them blinking in North America (and the rest of the world), right now. It's not contributing to Global Warming :-)
'Curly'
P.S. When you park your car 'elsewhere', it tells criminals that your stereo is a HOnda original, and they will need to get the security CODE before they can use it. They will just steal the stereo out of the NEXT guy's car.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yes, the blinking light is a good thing. I suspect that the majority of criminals are dumb and miss-interpret the blinking light to be an armed alarm and hence an incentive to move on to the next guy's car.
What disturbs me is a criminal smart enough to know that Honda stereos need a security seems likely to know that the Honda dealers often put the secutity code sticker in the glove box! D'oh :-(
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Well, the owner hopefully is smart enough to remove the security code card from the car!
I'm not sure, however, why a would-be thief who sees the blinking radio anti-theft device light wouldn't also see the blinking car anti-theft device light that's located about a foot away. I guess I still don't understand the point of the radio light blinking when the car isn't "armed."

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Scott wrote:

Minor point: it's a adhesive sticker and is a separate item from the card.
As soon as I understood the security implication I removed mine (now in my house and wallet). However from what I've heard in this and other newsgroups it appears others have not. I suspect they don't know it's there and they don't understand the liability. I suspect dealers do this because it allows them to re-enable the stereo after a service that requires the battery be disconnected.

Even if the car alarm is not enabled the radio is in fact "secured" because if it is disconnected from power the security code will need to be input before it will work again.
Still, your point is well made: as a practical issue it is meaningless to have 2 blinking red lights.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

glovebox.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

described in different part of the manual than alarm system. I got confused at first, but now I found alarm system description.
Thanks
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Boris wrote:

A lot more clues than you have, retard.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.