alternator repair 1991 EX Accord

Thanks to everyone who suggested the brushes wre the problem on my 1991 Accord Ex charge light on problem. I got a set for $26 from my local dealer and replaced them. It was a little challenging because
of the tightness of space BUT I was able to replace the brushes without removing the alternator and it did the trick.
Thanks to all,
Bob
lswpubrw wrote:

archives work and is most useful to others with the same problem.
Good update for the archives. In situ brush replacement questions come up a lot here. :-)

When it happens on your next car, get those brushes at an auto-electric supply. They cost $1-$2 each there.
-SP