Brake Pads

I will be replacing my brake pads soon on my 03 Civic EX, and I want to replace them with high quality pads. Of the various brake pad technologies out there, what is the best and can anyone recommend any brands?
Thanks Glenn
From reading here and pricing brake pads over the last 15 years (for my 91 Civic LX, 176k miles), I think OEM is the way to go. First, OEM costs about the same as high quality non-OEM. Second, IIRC less dust results from the OEM ones. Third, and perhaps the most important, the so-called "long-life" non-OEM pads get their long life via using a harder material. That produces more wear and tear on the brake rotors.
Online OEM Honda parts stores: www.slhonda.com (parts section, in California) www.cheapesthondaparts.com (Colorado) www.hondaautomotiveparts.com (Rhode Island)
I have used all three and was satisfied, though keep an idea on the Colorado outfit. I had to follow up with phone calls twice recently to make sure my order was shipped. Otherwise, I think the Colorado store is the best deal for prices and shipping costs.

That should be "... keep an eye... "
(There such a thing as benign online dyslexia?)
mrg wrote:

stick with oem. best fade resistance, best squeal resistance, least dust, most disk friendly. fade resistance is by far the most important. a lot of aftermarket pads are abysmal in this respect. it may not be apparent when first using a set of after-market pads, but when you're descending a multi-mile steep mountain switchback with a loaded car, believe me, you figure out what you're missing real quick.
mrg wrote:

I have Raybestos QuiteStops on my '03 Accord right now front and rear and am very happy with them about 1 year into use. I believe that they are a ceramic type formulation. Considering that the factory rear pads wore out so rapidly and that the factory front disks warped at a young age I saw no reason to buy Honda replacement parts.
John