Can you "feel" a difference after a regular oil change?

Page 4 of 4
SMS wrote:

Hmmm, They can unless being dumb. Just watch the tach.

IMO, it's their imagination. I've never noticed anything, unless I had something else adjusted along with the oil change.
Cathy
Cathy F. wrote:

Hi, Dull people can't even imagine, LOL!

If I do it myself - No change... If I have it done by someone - most definitely!!!! My wallet always feels much lighter!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveD
If you're changing every 3-5,000 miles, then most likely you won't/ can't detect a difference. However, if the oil level was down a quart or two, and was excessively dirty, then I can at least entertain the possibility that it would make a difference with fresh oil hitting all the lubricated surfaces inside the motor.
After changing the oil on a friend's car after 11K miles between changes, I recall that it seemed to idle smoother and quieter afterward.