Ever hear of The Turbonator?

My son wants to put one of these on his 97 Civic HX, but I'm not so sure I should let him. I pretty leery of things like this. Anyone have any opinions on this or have personal experience with items like this? I
would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Mike
Waiving the right to remain silent, MinnesotaMike

"Sold only on Tee-Vee!"..?
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t `790

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!

'MPG' increasers, etc. After their tests, most were proven to be useless...some actually caused mileage to go get worse!
MinnesotaMike wrote:

Well, it's not likely to HURT anything, except his bank account.
He'd get a better performance boost by putting his money into some spiffy racing stripes.
Virus Database (VPS): 0537-0, 09/12/2005

MinnesotaMike wrote:

============================ Let's see . . Google.com has 56,200 hits regarding it. Click here:
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=turbonator&meta 'Curly'
I knew there was a reason I was hesitant about it. Thanks for the info!
Mike
MinnesotaMike wrote:

If this thing you talk of is anything like the "Tornado", that swirls the air so it'll mix with gas better, then abosolutely forget about it. It didn't work. Not in my 88 Ford Taurus Wagon, and not in my 95 Civic Hatchback. I hear the K&N filters work good. I haven't tried myself yet.
Doug

I see these advertised on Speed Channel and they are a rip-off.It infuriates me that a so-called "auto expert" would be promoting these on their shows. They ADD restriction to the air-flow,something to be avoided,and turbulence also reduces airflow.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik