Anyone ever used one of these?

I've been looking for a good, inexpensive way to cool my bus (both when I'm driving and camping). Besides costing a bundle, those tube-shaped, window-hung swamp coolers never really appealed to me. Seemed like they would be a lot of hassle and don't look too good.

I came across this site:

The concept lookslike a good one for several reasons:

  1. It's cheap. {:o)
  2. It recirculates the cooler cabin air instead of dragging in hot air from outside.
  3. You can put your food in the cooler and use the A/C at the same time.
  4. If you used sealed ice (e.g. frozen milk jug, pop bottle, etc.), I think it would actually reduce humidity via condensation instead of increasing it the way swamp coolers do. This is great news for humid climates (or humid days in dry climates like NM).

If my mind is working right, I think it wold fit nicely between the front seats.

-- Christian '71 Bus -- Turtle

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --

Christian M. Mericle

I dont think it would work. not enought cold ice to cool a big bus .

and it looks just like a plastic container with a fan in, to me !

Why dont you make one yourself and try it ?

Rich

Christian M. Mericle wrote:

Reply to
tricky

Just use dry ice. Hehehe.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

That'd be a breath of fresh air, wouldn't it.

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --

Christian M. Mericle

Some racers use something like that - with a tube coming out and into the helmet.

Reply to
johnboy

Add water and have a show! Until you suffocate. :(

Reply to
johnboy

Reply to
Busahaulic

I like the Peltier idea. Sounds like the same thing those 12V coolers use. I'll look into this idea some more.

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --