Help me fix my honda please?

Page 2 of 2

well, not quite. It's essentially the Camry hybrid system in what looks like a current Prius body (but as I recall really isn't). Anyway, it gets lower fuel mileage than the Prius, and not just because it's heavier with more luxury stuff.
I'll have to head to the Lexus dealer and check it out. Are you telling me that Lexus makes a car that handles? Since when? I mean, I loved my 94 ES, float and all, don't get me wrong. But outside of the LF--handling? Even the IS-F doesn't do what a base BMW 3 can do in tha department, and the IS-F aimes at the *M*3.
On 04/07/2011 04:03 PM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

true, but compared to other lexus models, it's outstanding.

it's a relative term. compared to a miata or even my newly bushed and jointed 89 civic? not really. compared to camry, corolla, prius, etc, or even celica, it's a joy.
all in all, it's really not a bad car. and toyota have done a great job with this hybrid imo.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

And, worse, procreate and produce more morons.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

An object's desireability to a dog is directly

they're old wires,and aging insulation eventually breaks down,but once it does break down,they don't recover. HV arcing causes carbon tracking. it has to be cheaper to change plug wires than a HVcoil/cap. I would have changed the wires before I tried the coil.
also,pulling on the plug ends can damage the wires,he may have done that while changing the plugs.

the igniter is potted,isn't it? unless it was immersed under water for some length of time,I doubt water would affect the igniter. and it's on the low voltage side.
I wonder if he's done a scan of the OBD-II port for possible trouble codes?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Other folks here know much more about cars than I do, but how about the computer? I once drove through a lot of water and the car was fine for a while but the water got into the computer and it would no longer start. This was a 91 Accord though so everything is probably different by 98. Still, if the computer was still under the passenger side floor, that does put it in some danger.
I'm going with the wire diagnosis. I can't figure out why the computer would die after you did work on the car.