Honda dealer wipes out my maintenance records?

Page 2 of 2

So basically, if you have one oil change not done by them, they erase your records of timing belt changes, etc.? Yeah, sure, that makes sense.

My mid 90s Chrysler's records are available by all dealers, must be a central Chrysler system. They seem to keep those records forever, even though I only visit the dealer every few years. They even mail out maintenance reminders several times each year. However I keep a file on all work done on my car, because most of it is done at non dealers shops.
Your '91 Honda is even older than my Chrysler. Perhaps they no longer want to work on such an old car as many of their mechanics probably have little knowledge on it. <:)

Not too likely I would think. They apparently love to work on it. I think I do need them to take a look since the door open warning light sometimes has all the doors being opened when none are.