honda transmision

how much is a honda transmission for a 2001 honda civic ex? That includes parts and labor.

Be very careful and take your time getting a transmission. Mr. Transmission did quite a number on my car and it cost close to $2000 to get it fixed after they were done with it.
You are probably going to have to fork out between $2000-$3000 if your entire transmission needs replacing. Call around and get estimates in writing. Be warned that some transmission shops will tell you they need to take your transmission apart to see what is wrong with it. This may be the case in some situations, but when this is done, you will have to pay around a rather large amount already. At that point the shop will have you in it's mercy.
The best advice I can give is to use word of mouth to find an honest shop.
--
Mr. Transmission Sucks!
http://mrtransmissionsucks.com

Manual is $2400US + about 4 hours labour Auto CVT is $6000US + about 4-5 hours labour
Not sure about the regular Auto, but probably somewhere in between those two.
Put a used one in, worst case scenario it dies in a year or 2 and you have to replace again. Either way you could probably have a used one installed 3-4x and still be cheaper than putting a new one or having old rebuilt...

Have you checked with your dealer? They may replace it for nothing or labor.....

Woody wrote:

Not on a Civic!!!
That recall (or extended warranty, depending on the number of gears) applies only to a bunch of V6-powered Hondas.
how many miles are on it? was the power train warranty 5 years on the 01's?

Nick Vital wrote:

My daughters 97 civic trans was replaced for around $1500