2001 Honda Civic transmission 73K

My automatic transmission reeves up pretty high between shifts. Two months ago the dealer replaced the fluid and changed the shift point to higher revs. Things are not getting better. Since I have 73,000 miles on the car, and Honda has some kind of 8 year/80,000 mile warranty on transmission parts. This month I'm taking the car in for my state inspection. Any idea what the next step is? Their response? And of course, cost? Oh yea, when I first bought the car (new) there was a leak from the transmission seal. The dealer kept the car overnight to replace the seal. Do you think this could help my case? Thanks, Drew

Reply to
Drew

"Drew" wrote in news:NqudnUDarZjC snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Tell them you want a new transmission. They've tried to fix it, with no success.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I would like to know how they did that (adjusted shift points); shifting is computer controlled. And unless they have a "crack" for the chip, I don't see adjustments happening any time soon.

Ah, no. Not on Civic. This one's on you bunkie...

-- Tp,

----- -\

Reply to
TomP