How to quiet sunroof seals

Hi all,
I've got an 01 Accord and the rubber seal around the sunroof makes a crunching/squeaking kind of sound over bumps when it's closed. I tried
wiping it clean with a damp rag but that just made it worse -- the dirt must have been easing the friction between the paint and the rubber.
Any suggestions what might help here? I'm thinking maybe some wax on inside lip of the sunroof hole (where the roof metal makes a 90 deg. turn downwards) might help? Failing that, maybe a thin film of lithium grease, although I'm not sure if that would be good for the paint. I've noticed that when I open the roof in vent mode, it actually lifts the metal behind it as it moves due to the friction between the roof and the paint.. maybe the rubber has swollen and it's fitting too tightly?

Have dealer perform steps outlined in TSB 00-095. This is a known problem.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Great, thanks, Tegger!
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 00:54:08 +0000, Tegger wrote:

Hey, is that tape available OTC?
The dealer will correct the problem per the TSB, but it is only a temporary fix. Pick up some Shin-Etsu Grease. It is what Honda uses. It is a silicone based grease. I have my own tube and I clean the sunroof seals and apply it once or twice a year. Works great.

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 23:16:27 -0400, Matthew wrote:

I was actually asking in reference to squeaking seals (roof and trunk) on a Supra, but Thanks! for the tip!! ;)
(I actually no longer own a Honda, haven't since 1993, but since Tegger and a few other "notables" hang out here... ;)
The more brains you can pick the better! See, I got a decent tip from you! Thanks!