Is it work activating the XM radio

I purchased a new CR-V (EX) that comes with the XM radio. Is it work 12.95 per to activated the service. Do new owner get a trail period to check it out. I'm not familar with how this cable stuff works so I
would like to hear from you all..........Also anyone install GPS??? These days it's a must but how does it look in the car?
Thanks,

I have to ask why is GPS a must today? Are you finding yourself unable to read maps or do you become lost more easily these days? {;^)
Brian
I work out of a large city in California, business keeps me on the road. I just though a G.P.S. might come in handy. You might check one out they are kind of neat. Sometimes one has got to change with the times, and change is a good thing maybe the best of things.
A.D.
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:55:33 GMT, "Brian Smith"

I have checked them out. I drive tractor trailer for a living and I have not found a place that I wanted to (or had to go to) that I couldn't find with the use of a map and a phone. I agree to a certain point with you that one has to change with the times. But if there's no demonstrated need to change (if one is comfortable and efficient with their proven methods) there is no need to change for the sake of change itself.
Brian
I have to agree with you that GPS can be very handy. I aways get it when renting a car in an unfamilier city. It's nice to have a voice tell you what lane you should be in on a freeway you have never driven on before. If you are new to California a GPS might do you good until you get to know the roads better than the GPS.
James

Andy Dufrense wrote:

If I remember right XM radio is free for the first 3 months. Just turn it on. Don't worry about figuring out how to pay. They will send a bill at about the 2 month mark which you are free to pay if you'd like to continue the service.
I was told by a fellow XM owner that the subscription price offers begin to drop the longer you hold out. After his 3 month initial period, they first offered it at $10.95, then after ignoring that they asked $8.95. After 2 months of not having it, the offer dropped to $6.95.
As one whose income depends on terrestrial radio, I'm a little biased, but I find the 'dark side' a little boring after a while. However, on a cross-country trip, or if I spend much time in the mountains where radio is touch & go, it's a valuable service. Most of the time, local radio while traveling is a fascinating peek into local culture.
-Bill Radio -http://www.mountainwireless.com

If you got any pals with an active subscription, you could sweet talk them into letting you add your radio with their family plan. Any radio past the initial 12.95 subscription price is 6.95 per month (max. 4 plus primary radio). I was an early adopter of XM and would really hate to be without! I wouldn't buy a new car without it as an integrated option.