Made in China ... I'm pissed !

Page 1 of 6
I'm pissed. I needed to buy new tires for my son's 89 Honda Accord. I bought some tires for my old Ford van at Pep Boys. They are called "Definity" and
are supposed to be made by "Cooper Tire Company" for Pep Boys. Cooper is an American Co. and the tires for the van say on the side "made in U.S.A.". I needed rear tires for our 92 Caddy Seville and bought the same brand ... they also said "made in U.S.A." I had the same tires put on the Honda today, got home, checked the pressure and inspected them, only to find the insidious words on the side ... "made in China" ! Can't believe I just contributed $400 to the communist Chinese regime and took it away from our own workers. What a pisser !
On 10/7/2010 2:23 AM, Forrest wrote:

    What a whiner!

Well, you can call it wining if you want, slick. I look at it as giving others a heads up on a bait and switch situation.

hand, we blew up Bagdad ("Shock and Awe") and invaded a country so we could install a government favorable to the economic interests of the corporations that are sending our jobs to China.

\Ok, Mr. philosopher, smoke another joint and, be the commander in chief and tell us all how it should be,

Some other way.

Just don't get all preachy about how we support democracy all over the world. We overthrow government after government to install governments who will bless our corporate rulers. It isn't about democracy, freedom, mom, or apple pie. They don't hate us for our freedom, they hate us because of things that we've done to them.

Great! I have a feeling that the majority of Iranians now would prefer the former Shah's rule over the current Islamic rulers. I also doubt the majority of Iraquis hate us for getting rid off Saddam.

A good deal of them may not even care. When they wake up in the morning, it's SOS for them.

Assuming they get to wake up in the morning:
"The estimate that over a million Iraqis have died received independent confirmation from a prestigious British polling agency in September 2007. Opinion Research Business estimated that 1.2 million Iraqis have been killed violently since the US-led invasion." - http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq

Give me a break! This is not an objective, non-partisan group as the want you to believe from their mission statement:
"Just Foreign Policy is an independent and non-partisan membership organization dedicated to reforming U.S. foreign policy by mobilizing and organizing the broad majority of Americans who want a foreign policy based on diplomacy, law and cooperation. ..."
Look at their Board: full with "progressive" leftists, such as Julian Bond and the former Chicago 7 Tom Hayden. I wouldn't believe even a question from them, not to mention an answer.

Shoot the messenger? So maybe we just caused a half a million deaths?

How about less than 10th of that 1.2 million? Check the following, more reliable source:
http://www.iraqbodycount.org /
Of course 100 thousand is a lot, too, but only propogandists would want to exaggerate that figure to 1.2 million. Most of those deaths, by the way, can be attributed to Iraqis themselves and Al Qeda, not to US forces directly.
So yes, we need to shoot false messengers.

Thanks, perhaps that is accurate. The deaths were entirely our fault for, first, installing Saddam Hussein and then removing him. I suppose we can blame it on god for putting oil in Iraq but I blame Cheney.

Well, what kind of conspiracy theory have you been reading about us installing Hussein in Iraq? I am old enough to remember all the inside fighting between the various factions of the Baath Party in the '60-s which eventually resulted Hussein and his thugs gaining the upper hand there. Didn't seem like the US had much of an interest in that outcome.
clams wrote:

Maybe jb can chime in here and tell us how many Honda's were lost in this invasion? Or enlighten us on how to buy a Honda in Iraq?
jb?
--
JD..

I believe they are not a favorite for car bombs, as they last too long to give them up.

Right. I think their preference for car bombs is Yugos and Fiats.

When we overthrew the elected democratic government (read that a few times, just to make sure you understand what we did), we trained the Shah's dreaded secret police (Savak). We taught them how to torture and kill all opposition to the Shah's rule.
What they couldn't kill was the religious leaders, not without creating instant rebellion. We eliminated all reasonable, secular opponents of the Shah, and left only the most fundamentalist religious opposition. When they finally overtrhew the Shah, there were no democratic or secular leaders to temper the revolution. In every way possible, we are entirely responsible for what happened in Iran. I don't blame them one bit for hating us.

As if they would not turture their own opposition on their own, huh? So who was teaching the current rulers how to torture? The Shah was a progressive ruler compared to these current clerical thugs there.

Typical "blame the US" that is the mantra of the Left. Mosadeq was a Soviet puppet and we could not afford him during the worst of Cold War.