Made in China ... I'm pissed !

er, that's called a "press release". and it's fishing for a government license to suck on the taxpayers teat.

translation: when it says "this will support the creation of 800 to

1,000 permanent high-tech jobs", that's not "intel will be hiring 800-1000 new employees". "support the creation of" is double-speak and includes people outside the company. it's also a projection [and such projections are as reliable as when the fed "projects" an end to the financial crisis] - it doesn't say a damned thing about the other jobs they've shed at other u.s. locations - this is not a "net expansion".

for the future, be careful to learn the difference between "employee" and "contractor" status and how companies use those words to carefully manage their public profiles. especially when they want handouts and tax benefits.

odd how it can have so many fabrication facilities outside the u.s., yet we're being asked to believe they make all their stuff here. i certainly don't own any intel chips with "made in usa" lasered into them.

Reply to
jim beam

No problem....it should work out fine.....

Reply to
Stewart

I don't think that - you did.

Reply to
Tony Harding

No one has multiple people in the US House of Representatives. We all live in a Congressional District and that person is our Representative. Other CDs in the same state have Representatives as well, but they don't represent us. You're free to contact anyone in Congress (I've contacted multiple people on various issues to try to be heard), but you're a constituent only of the Representative from your CD.

Every state has 2 US Senators, both of whom represent the entire state.

Reply to
Tony Harding

Still professional quality tools, but not cheap. Doesn't mean they're not worth it; however, good tools are an investment I'll pass along to my grandchildren.

Reply to
Tony Harding

??????

Reply to
Tony Harding

That should have been "grown". Poor typing skills + auto correct can result in some weird results.

Reply to
clams

Thus spake Tony Harding :

I bought a set of "Made in USA" Craftsman because of their lifetime warranty (I've broken some tools in the past when I abused them, no sweat, guy just gave me a new one). When they went to "Made in USA" only tools I asked about it and guy said that there's a mark on the new tools, but the old ones are still "warranted for life".

My wife really abuses them (if you have weeds ...) so I also bought a new chest set and some locks.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Thanks - couldn't come up with "grown" last week.

Reply to
Tony Harding