My 1995 v6 accord speedometer needle stuck at 20 mph

Hi, Because of the speedometer problems I was suggested to replace the speed sensor. Yes, I spent 85.00 for the sensor and my speedometer still stuck at 20 mph.But before I replace my speedometer
another $136.00 could somebody tell me what cause this problems? Thanks
John
JC wrote:

    Diagnostic instrument could have confirmed the speed sensor wasn't the problem. Stuck speedo is probably some small thing in the needle mechanism. Only repair that I know of is replacement. Saw a '95 with the same thing last week. That car was "rode hard and put up wet". bob
JC wrote:

============================ It's the exact same thing as a (Darsonvalle sp?) voltmeter. A speck of iron filing a lost screw) sticks to the magnet, then wedges the coil in place one day. Just swinging the needle with your finger will probably free it, but it might reappear a day later. You can probably slip the dash out yourself (google.com), remove the speedo and look at the movement. With a good magnifier and good light you'll probably see the problem.
'Curly'