odyssey, touring, snow tires

I have an '05 Odyssey Touring edition w/Michelin run flat tires. I am happy with the van except no one makes snow tires for it. I live in the snow belt.
After much investigation (Tire Rack, Honda America HQ, dealership, local tire stores,) the only solution I can find is to take off the run flats, put on conventional snow tires and drive around with a spare in the back.
Has anyone else encountered this problem and what you done about it?
Yours in the winter,
Sheena
snipped-for-privacy@twcny.rr.com wrote:

That's why I hate what they've done with the new Odyssey. I can't buy top of the line without this problem.
Tires are a very personal choice, and they've taken that very important personal choice away.

Bridgestone Blizzak snow tire, not a cheap alternative I know.
http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp
HTH
--
"All my friends can't be wrong!"
Remember, stupidity runs in herds.

Sorry, that's only for the LE and EX versions, not the Touring . . .
--
"All my friends can't be wrong!"
Remember, stupidity runs in herds.
www.odyclub.com to check what others are doing.

this year the dealer can order touring models with or without PAX tires. I personally wouldn't own them, only honda and rolls royce are using them. tire kingdom got fully trained and equipped but corporate said let's drop it. they won't deal with them anymore. there are no snow tires available for that dumb system yet. Chip