oil pan gasket

97 crv. the dealer said the oil pan gasket is starting to leak. they want 206 for the job. How bad is it for a diy job? do I need to rplace the pan baffle plate as well? 116098 miles on it.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Spend the money on a loose valve adjustment and check the snug of the gasket yourself. The tend to look like there's a leak because of the drippy mess below the oil filter.
http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t0550&highlight=burnt+valves
'Curly'

I have no signs of leakage on my concrete drive either. Nor does it use any, or lose any oil. Thus far anyway
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

so what are you worried about? just snug it up a little [not too much] and tell them you'll wait until it leaks more. and use an oil like castrol - it has decent seal conditioners in it, and that works for gaskets too.