oil pan gasket

97 crv. the dealer said the oil pan gasket is starting to leak. they want 206 for the job. How bad is it for a diy job? do I need to rplace the pan baffle plate as well? 116098 miles on it.
Reply to
bigjcw1023

---------------------

Spend the money on a loose valve adjustment and check the snug of the gasket yourself. The tend to look like there's a leak because of the drippy mess below the oil filter.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I have no signs of leakage on my concrete drive either. Nor does it use any, or lose any oil. Thus far anyway

Reply to
bigjcw1023

so what are you worried about? just snug it up a little [not too much] and tell them you'll wait until it leaks more. and use an oil like castrol - it has decent seal conditioners in it, and that works for gaskets too.

Reply to
jim beam