Re: Toyota says no evidence 'runaway' Prius happened

Page 8 of 8

Not at all.

Unsupported assertion. Cite please. you have NO proof the brake cuts off power to the electric drive.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The Prius is set up to behave just like every other car you've ever driven. No surprises here, no retraining. It creeps while "in gear", and the braking system (at least on my 07) behaves astoundingly perfectly given what's going on under the hood.
Toyota really did a masterful job making the black magic behave like everyone expects a car to behave.

The power button actc differently when the vehicle is at reat. If the car is stopped, pushing it once turns off the vehicle (you don't need to hold it for three seconds). You only have to hold if for three seconds if the car is moving.
Ed
On 03/16/2010 09:00 AM, C. E. White wrote:

hey, committee that is "ed", this one got away without spell check. don't interns get supervised around your office?
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Yes I make typos all the time. One of the computers I use won't spell check Outlook Express posts (it could be fixed, but I keep putting off the fix). When I have the time, I usually use a different program to check the spelling, but I was in hurry when I wrote the referenced append. I saw the error after the post was out of my control, but I figured 99.5% of all humans would properly translate the typo without comment.
BTW, did you lose the shift key off your TRS80 Keyboard?
My interns are all female Swedish models and they were out getting some sun yesterday.
Ed
On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:09:09 -0400, "C. E. White"

Pictures at 11?????
--

Scott in Florida

jim bean is already jealous of my brilliant mind, great looks, and fabulous wealth. Posting pictures of my interns might send him oer the edge into a deep depression, so I'll spare jim and the group.
Ed

My email box is open....
I'm not like the others, I won't share the pics with the world...
LOL
--

Scott in Florida

I believe everything Toyota tells me because they are so prompt, forthcoming and honest.

So is this an example of irony or sarcasm?
Ed