radio rds not happening

Here in Los Angeles, as of a few days ago, the rds on my Accord 2010 FM radio stopped showing song titles and artists on KROQ 106.7 and JACK-FM 93.1. Other stations still work correctly. On these KROQ shows the call letters alternating with the frequency, JACK-FM just shows the call letters.

Has something changed?

Anyone else see this happening, in LA or elsewhere?

I hadn't had the RDS before and was really enjoying it.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

Um, maybe a phone call to those radio stations? Based on what you said, if some stations work, then it's not a problem with your radio.

Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

What's "RDS"?

Reply to
Tony Harding

Radio Data Services (or maybe system). Basically the equivalent of the data sent along with TV broadcasts for closed captions, in this case it gives info the radio station embeds. Usually song/track/artist info and usually includes station call letters and genre (for doing a genre search when travel cross country). Can also be used to deliver news in text format.

Reply to
Seth

Thanks (new to me).

Reply to
Tony Harding

on closer inspection, both stations are CBS radio properties.

I sent emails to both over the weekend.

by some magical coincidence, it was working again this morning on JACK-FM.

As of a couple of hours ago, it was still not working on KROQ.

Neither has otherwise responded to the email.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

as of Tuesday afternoon, it was now working again on KROQ as well.

Did I wake up a couple of station engineers and get it fixed?

Did I get any answers to my emails?

Did I get a t-shirt, concert tickets, or a shout-out from the DJs?

"No" to at least the last two questions.

J.

Reply to
JRStern