Tire Question: Nokian WR-G2 again, or Michelin Primacx MXV4 ?

Hello,
Have a 2005 Accord, 6 cyl.
Have a set of Nokian WR G2 tires on them, which I leave year round.
Now has about 40K, and have worn down to the wear strips.
As I live in New England; snow, ice, etc. is the major concern of course.
Like the Nokian's, very much, but they sure don't wear too well, and are very expensive.
I understand they have a 50K wear warr., so, perhaps, if I go with another set I can get them at 20% less than the normal price; maybe ?
Consumer Reports thought quite highly of Michelin Primacx MXV4. Somewhat surprisingly, much higher than the Nokian Wr-G2
Was wondering about going with the Michelins this time, mainly due to the lower cost (and better CR rating ??). Would still want to leave them on all year round.
Any thoughts on how they would be on snow and ice as compared to the Nokian's ?
Any other thoughts or comments would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Bob
"Bob" wrote in message
[...]
I have found TireRack to be a good source for the type of information you are looking for. So far, I have found Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum tires to be quite satisfactory on my 06 Accord I4 coupe. But, since I live in midstate GA I cannot talk to their performance in snow. In my case, I purchased the tires through TireRack for delivery to my installer -- a process that worked very well indeed.