More on Nokian WR Tires...Pressure?

Ok, today I checked the air pressure in the Nokian WR tires that were recently installed on my '03 LS430. It was 30PSI which ain't right. Looking in the glove box, it says to use 32 PSI (all four tires) if you have the P225/55R17 95H tires and to use 35 PSI (all four tires) if you have the

225/55R17 97W tires.

Well, my Nokians are NEITHER. They are 225/55R17 101V tires. I assume they are, however, still a correct tire for the car. The question is what pressure to use. I guess I could put 33.5PSI in and split the difference...1.5 PSI too much or too little should not make much difference. Nevertheless, if there IS a correct answer to my question, I'd like to know it. I don't totally understand the whole tire numbering thing, but my guess is that the tire that I have is a whole lot closer to the second tire listed (the one requiring 35PSI) than to the first tire that I listed. Can anyone who understands this help me make a good decision about this?

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

The Noikian dealer who installed mine gave me an info sheet saying the psi should be 30 and the bolt torque should be 76. They have been on for 26,000 miles and show no signs of unusual wear and handle very well. They have been rotated twice by the tire dealer.

Reply to
Frank Fitzgerald

On my 2002 Camry LE V6 with 205/65-15 size tires, I run my Hakka 1's at 33 PSI. The recommendations for normal tires are 29 psi. I suggest you contact your dealer or Nokian directly to find the suitable tire pressure or you will have premature tire wear.

Reply to
Car Guy