Transmission

I always took good care of my Honda Accord, but last night the transmission wouldn't lock in at all. First there was a jerk and then the car wouldn't
move. I let the sit for a few seconds and then it would lock-in and move. I always kept the fluid changed and this is the first problem I ever had. This is '92 model with 200,000 miles. The engine is still smooth and saves gas.
Does anyone knows how to check the auto transmission to see if it is a minor problem? If this is a costly problem, then I will just buy a new car since it has too many miles.
Thanks, Al
The only check you can do is make sure the fluid level is ok..then have it towed to a transmission shop for an accurate diagnosis.

Are you using Honda ATF? Other fluids give crappy results.
G-Man

I took it to the Honda place. Therefore, I guest so

It's making a whining noise like it's low, but it's not. --Al

I'll take the car off your hands.
the car has 200,000 miles on it and this is your first problem ..sounds like the filter is plugged up which requires removal of trans and disassembly ..... overhaul is still far cheaper than new car payments