Transmission fluid, amount b/ min & max

I was at low mark and then added like 1/4 quart (250 ml or so) and the thing seems to have gone up past the max. Well, it's really hard to read and the transmission is cold. What's the level b/ min & max?
I own a 2003 Pilot. Thanks!
On Thursday, November 27, 2014 4:56:11 PM UTC-5, Tony54 wrote:

Actually I must have put like 1/2 quart. Part of the 3/4 quart spilled on the ground. It's terrible to access this refill point.
On Thursday, November 27, 2014 8:31:48 PM UTC-5, Tony54 wrote:

Now, one particular mechanic from Jiffy says Honda's automatic transmissions are measured with the engine off...

The fluid-level in a Honda automatic is measured 1) with the engine HOT, and 2) within ONE MINUTE of shutting the engine off.
Just for you, I did a Google search: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how+to+check+fluid+level+honda+automatic+transmission
And I sure hope you used the correct fluid!
--
Tegger

On Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:32:50 AM UTC-5, Tegger wrote:

Thanks!
So the guy was actually right. ;)
On Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:14:15 AM UTC-5, Tony54 wrote:

Confirmed by the manual: Engine off!
I went through it before and paid little attention to that part since I thought it was a given the engine had to be running.
There's an issue with it, which is adding oil is a pain since the opening for the stick is so small. No funnel fits. I was lucky NOT to put too much fluid.
On 11/29/2014 10:18 PM, Tony54 wrote:

Did you look for a 'fill' plug located about 6 inches back (toward the firewall) from the dipstick? That's how you fill many of the Accords, I'd guess pilot might be the same.
On Sunday, November 30, 2014 12:36:07 AM UTC-5, Al wrote:

Yep, it's there. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.
Thanks!