UPDATE - Manual Transmission Fluid Change

Thanks to all who responded to the original post several days ago.. with advice and hints.

I did the flush and fill myself today..

2 quarts of Honda fluid cost me $10.60 Both washers cost me $2.45

$13.05 plus tax with probably 45 minutes of my time instead of the dealer charge of $75.00..

Took it out for a test drive..No sounds, no shifting problems..

BTW..Even though I filled the MT with all of the two quarts it still did not run back out of the fill plug.

I measured what I drained out and it was 2 quarts plus maybe 3-4 ounces.

I'll contemplate whether to buy another quart to top off or leave it as it is..

Thanks again,

Rich

Reply to
Big Brother

Spend the $5 and top it off. Save the balance for use with your next change. You really don't want to skimp on this!

Reply to
John Horner

Two bad things can happen. The first one is pretty likely: shifting into one or more gears will become difficult, especially when cold. That will also translate into more wear on the synchros... never a good thing. The second one, broken or scored gears, isn't as likely but something I'd gladly buy another quart of MTL for.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee