What's with the driver-side windshield washer nozzle on current Accords?

Page 1 of 2
Most cars, it hits the wiper dead center. Others, maybe 40%-50% of the fluid actually goes over the wiper. WTF

Do you know this for sure? A HUGE number of vehicles do this.

I don't know for sure, but most cars have the adjustment as bearman and Brian Smith describe. That would certainly explain why so many vehicles do it; if there were no adjustment it would be rare to see many out of adjustment but it would be rare to find any *exactly* right.
Mike
Mike
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 05:07:19 -0700, Michael Pardee wrote:

The washers on my 2005 Accord also hit the wiper blades instead of middle of the screen. However when I checked the washer nozzles they didn't look anything like the conventional type which you can adjust using a pin. Instead they have a slot (similar to a screw head) - It's not clear to me if or how you can adjust this type.
--
Richard

Richard Townsend wrote:

Do they look like this:
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=oirrwy
You can still use a pin or you can use a small, flat blade screwdriver. The design gives the washer fluid that fan shape wehn it comes out of the nozzle.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Wow, I need a get to the car wash!
On 25 Feb 2006 07:04:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Pretty similar:
http://i1.tinypic.com/oisw41.jpg

Me too!
--
Richard

Richard Townsend wrote:

Yours looks to be the new and improved version, very clean design.
I can actually get a small screwdriver in mine, unsure about yours though, does look like it pivots around in there though.

Looks like I need to get a better camera too!

Then why are you responding?
Nobody wrote:

Geez Patrick, why are you being such a dick? You were real nice when you were asking about the dealer swapping the scratched bumper on the 2006 Accord, but now that you're posting as "Nobody" from Albany NY, you turn into an ass.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

An ass? You're responding to a question for which you don't know the answer...you're wasting my time and not helping at all.
Nobody wrote:

You were helped, your original question was answered in the second post of this thread.
Others tried to help too, but you came back with "Then why are you responding?" when they said they "didn't know for sure". Then you go on to question if someone "really owns an Accord". You never said a word about an Accord so what difference does that make in regards to answering your question? Do you think Honda makes a different ww fluid nozzle for each car model?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I see you did mention that in the subject line, my bad.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

I never said a word about an Accord? Try reading the SUBJECT moron.
Nobody wrote:

I wrote that on Sunday and then on Monday I wrote
"I see you did mention that in the subject line, my bad."
That was an admission that you mentioned an Accord.
HOWEVER, your telling me to read the subject line comes a full day after I already admitted I did, that makes you the MORON and an ASSHOLE.
Poor Patricia, married to such a jerk.
Suck my white ass

No thanks, I'm hetero. Maybe you can try one of the gay groups you hang out in. HTH.
Nightd00d wrote:

Nobody wrote:

A huge number of vehicles do this because a huge number of people are not aware how to adjust them.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

So it's not an assembly/design defect?
Nobody wrote:

No.
There is an attempt to cover as much windshield as possible. A minor variation either way can result in overspray, but that is easily fixed by adjusting them. Also, as soon as the wipers come on, the fluid is going to go flying in all directions, up, over, out, everywhere, that's inevitable. From the perspective of the person in the car behind, it looks as if the fluid went everywhere except on the windshield.