What's with the driver-side windshield washer nozzle on current Accords?

Most cars, it hits the wiper dead center. Others, maybe 40%-50% of the fluid actually goes over the wiper. WTF

Reply to
Nobody

"bearman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Do you know this for sure? A HUGE number of vehicles do this.

Reply to
Nobody

Why not aim the flow to land on the windshield where you want it to land? This can be done easily with a needle. It's not a big deal.

Reply to
Brian Smith

I don't know for sure, but most cars have the adjustment as bearman and Brian Smith describe. That would certainly explain why so many vehicles do it; if there were no adjustment it would be rare to see many out of adjustment but it would be rare to find any *exactly* right.

Mike

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

The washers on my 2005 Accord also hit the wiper blades instead of middle of the screen. However when I checked the washer nozzles they didn't look anything like the conventional type which you can adjust using a pin. Instead they have a slot (similar to a screw head) - It's not clear to me if or how you can adjust this type.

Reply to
Richard Townsend

Do they look like this:

You can still use a pin or you can use a small, flat blade screwdriver. The design gives the washer fluid that fan shape wehn it comes out of the nozzle.

Reply to
Siskuwihane

"Brian Smith" wrote in news:yeXLf.4719$Cp4.2848@edtnps90:

Do you actually own an Accord?

Reply to
Nobody

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

Then why are you responding?

Reply to
Nobody

A huge number of vehicles do this because a huge number of people are not aware how to adjust them.

Reply to
Siskuwihane

Wow, I need a get to the car wash!

Reply to
Siskuwihane

Geez Patrick, why are you being such a dick? You were real nice when you were asking about the dealer swapping the scratched bumper on the

2006 Accord, but now that you're posting as "Nobody" from Albany NY, you turn into an ass.
Reply to
Siskuwihane

Pretty similar:

Me too!

Reply to
Richard Townsend

I do now and have owned many over the years. Why do you ask?

Reply to
Brian Smith

Yours looks to be the new and improved version, very clean design.

I can actually get a small screwdriver in mine, unsure about yours though, does look like it pivots around in there though.

Looks like I need to get a better camera too!

Reply to
Siskuwihane

It's nice to get a shower with the sunroof open.....

Reply to
L Alpert

"Brian Smith" wrote in news:C%_Lf.4760 $Cp4.2726@edtnps90:

What year?

Reply to
Nobody

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1140882010.814192.267310 @j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

An ass? You're responding to a question for which you don't know the answer...you're wasting my time and not helping at all.

Reply to
Nobody

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1140879832.299896.75490 @p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

So it's not an assembly/design defect?

Reply to
Nobody

The one I have currently is a 2001. I have had '97, '94, '91, '85, '83 and a '79 in the past.

Reply to
Brian Smith

You were helped, your original question was answered in the second post of this thread.

Others tried to help too, but you came back with "Then why are you responding?" when they said they "didn't know for sure". Then you go on to question if someone "really owns an Accord". You never said a word about an Accord so what difference does that make in regards to answering your question? Do you think Honda makes a different ww fluid nozzle for each car model?

Reply to
Siskuwihane