Window door run channel replacement?

Good morning.
The power windows on my 1991 Accord EX are becoming a bit balky. I can hear the motors laboring when I open and close the windows. My mechanic informs me that the door run channels should be replaced
to eliminate the added friction from time and wear.
The parts drawings suggest that there are some channel pieces down inside the door; do I replace these, or do I replace the rubber channel that runs around the window opening, or both?
Any advice on this as a DIY job?
Thanks -Mark
On 7/31/08 12:04 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@bubbleator.drizzle.com,

Most people just get some silicone lube at the local car parts store for a couple dollars, grease the channels and smile for a couple more years. I've never run into anyone who actually replaced the channels for this.
I would first try some rubber dressing/protectant on the channels to see if that helps. I took some 303 Aerospace protectant and lubed mine using Q-tips and they run very smoothly now. Lower the windows, load up the Q-tip, and have a go. Make sure you "squeeze" it into the corner where the window and channel meet, so it runs down and lubes the part of the channel inside the door. May prevent you from a lot more work and cost! :)