05' Tiburon Clutch Pedal Squeak

So I dropped by my dealership today to pick up an oil filter and kill some time while my wife is in the cloth store.
My clutch pedal recently developed a slight squeak on the out stroke, just
as you are about to take your foot completely off. That is to say, a slight squeak is heard in the last 1" of travel, in the free play range.
Seeing that I was at the dealer I asked the 'adviser' to have someone bend down and put a dab of grease or whatever pleases them to make the little squeak go away.
He said they would have to drop the transmission to be able to fix the squeak. I said "yeah right" thinking he was pulling my leg, but then he continued to go on saying to bring it in next week becase they would have to put it up on the hoist and drop the tranny in order to check out this squeak. I had him jump in the car and try to hear the squeak but he could not hear it. Too much road noise from the freeway nearby, I guess.
I told him don't bother ... I'd live with it (intending to go home and spray some WD-40 or something).
Is this guy for real? Why on earth would one have to trop a tranny to fix a squeak that is likely coming from the spring or some other moving part under the dask -- not in the tranny.
Regards, Wayne Moses

I don't have a clue about the noise, but why would you pay dealer prices for an oil filter when there are so many good brands out there at a much lower price?
Hello Edwin,
EP> I don't have a clue about the noise, but why would you pay dealer EP> prices for an oil filter when there are so many good brands out EP> there at a much lower price?
Very good question. I got ripped off paying $6.50 but I was there and needed a filter. I like to occasionally buy a Hyundai oil filter "just for the record" since I do all my own oil changes anyway, and if there were any issue with an oil related failure, I would like to be able to whip out some paperwork showing that I bought filters from them. <shrug>
Regards, Wayne Moses
Wayne Moses wrote:

You're right in thinking this guy is an idiot and about the source of the noise. My Elantra has started doing the same thing again, a very faint squeak when the pedal is released. The squeak is related to the return spring on the clutch pedal. IIRC, last time it started doing this, I just lubed the connection between the spring and the pedal and it was fine for over a year afterward.