Tacoma Clutch squeak

What spring, lever or bearing is making that annoying squeak when I push the clutch pedal in on my 2004 Tacoma? How do I make it go away? Is this worth a trip to the dealership?

Reply to
Mark

get a tin of tyre silicon spray (Cheapest way to buy it) and spray all the moving parts of yoru clutch mech under the dash. CAREFULL!! DONT GET SILICON ON PEDALS!!! Very slippery stuff.

Reply to
Scotty

That's overkill! Here's where the problem originates, but rather than change the bushing regularly (they break on a regular basis) as the article instructs, I use ONE SINGLE DROP of lube from a pinpoint lube tube to keep my spring quiet. It works for months at a time without sloshing everything under the dashboard with silicon spray.

Have a care with silicon around pedal covers. A slippery brake or clutch pedal could cost a life under worst possible conditions.

Reply to
Rad

Hmm, I dont go overboard with it either but why not lube all moving parts while your under there! Also stops any surface rust appearing in springs and levers etc.

Reply to
Scotty

Reply to
Mark

I know this is probably an unfair question, but do you know if this is happening to a lot of Tacomas, or just a few?

Reply to
TOM

I guess there's no way of knowing how prevalent this is. The bushing replacement process is so well described on the web page, even detailed pictures. I can't help but think there must be a significant number of people that are having problems with it. I think a lot of parts on the Tacoma have remained unchanged for several model years (until the new 2005 came out). I would imagine the same design flaw might have been around for a while and an expensive redesign was rejected since it's just a minor annoyance that some people wouldn't even care about. Wouldn't you think someone would have experimented around with some new bushing materials? At least make them available as replacement parts, so when you fix it, it stays fixed. Tsk -Tsk

Reply to
Mark