1999 Sonata Clear coat peeling on wing what is next step

I have a 1999 Sonata which my wife likes but the clear coat is peeling horribly on the wing. Dealer took pictures and never got back to me. What is my next step. I am looking to buy a new car but with this bad experience this is a manufacture I will skip.

Reply to
mechanical engineer

Paint it?

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

You've got to be kidding. The car is 15 years old and stuff happens at that point. When you say "wing" do you mean an aftermarket spoiler? Was it on the car when new or added later?

Chances are it is an add on piece not pained the same way the factory paint was done on the car.

Doubt the dealer will do anything, now would I expect him to. It is well past the warranty period and we have no idea how the car was taken care of, what climate and air quality it was exposed to.

Go to a Hyundai showroom and take a close look at the paint. They really do an excellent job and is better than some cars costing twice as much. It is also better that what was used in 1999.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

This is the lamest troll I have seen in some time...

Reply to
Voyager

My guess is that by "wing" he means fender. If it is a rear spoiler, that would be very lucky because you could paint that part separate from the rest of the car.

Reply to
dsi1

Ah, that could be. The Brits and Aussies should learn proper English!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Fuckn' A!

:-)

Reply to
dsi1

Don't do that. Clear coat sucks. It does that in other brands, too. It's a transparent coating on top of the paint. Why won't it peel, blister, and look yukky?

Buy a white car. Ever notice that they don't have clear coat? Check out a bunch of white cars for a revelation. My white 2000 Sonata's paint is fine. Just lots of dents on the right side.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld