? about Manual Heating System

I have noticed that moving the manual temperature dial away from the bottom blue position produces some degree of heating (I have a new Elantra). At
the top position, right between red and blue, the air is quite warm. Is this normal for a Hyundai? In my last car (a Saturn), you had to move the dial into the red zone to get any heating. Thanks.
Fantine wrote:

Yes, it's normal and it provides pretty fine control of the temperature.