Fuel for 2006 Sonata V6

Page 2 of 2
Deck wrote:

Actually, it is the worst of both worlds. Not much better than dino oil at a much higher price! :-)
Yes, ignorance is bliss. :-)
Matt
im using wongmart's super tech synthetic 5/30 no complaints, 21.00 cdn for 4.4 litres..

Jody wrote:

I've used it in my Elantra, though lately I've found Pennzoil cheaper at Pep Boys, so I've bought some. As it turns out, they may be the same product in different bottles.
OH GOD NOT AGAIN !!!! That poor horse was beat so much it may never walk again let alone run again !!
Tunez

I have read the owners manual cover to cover and I don't find any reference to synthetic oil....also,,here's another bug-aboo. just try to change the third stoplight bulb.....there's nothing in the manual about it. you can learn tha hard way like I did. pry the thing up and break the brackets---OR you can crawl in the trunk and remove two screws that hold the module to the rear tray!!!
Deck wrote:

No, there isn't, but it doesn't matter. Synthetic oils are superior to dino oils, so they're suitable for any application where dino oils are specified.

What is it with people that they can't take a few minutes to examine a situation before they break out hammers, pry bars and Vice-Grips? Was changing the bulb so critical that it had to be done RIGHT NOW? Taking the time to do something right generally saves time and money in the long run. Rushing rarely results in anything but more problems.
you keep on and you're going to hurt my feelings. I have changed LOTS of light bulbs there and they always just pry off. Just like my Elantra does! Some day you're gonna screw up and I'm gonna go: nya nya nya nya!
Deck wrote:

Don't worry, when I screw up, I beat myself up enough for both of us! ;-)