Help! Does anyone know anything about smogging their car?

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:43:47 -0500, "hyundaitech"

I learned a lesson about cheap cat convertors with my Dodge truck. A shop had the cats advertised for $119 installed. I had one put on and the truck passed smog, but the when the next smog test cycle after that came around it failed. I had to have another new cat put on. The next one I had installed cost $400 plus labor. It remains for me to find out how long this one will get me through the smog checks. Longer than the $119 one, I hope.
Old_Timer
<Old_Timer> wrote in message

Your experience may well be reflective of cheap parts quality, but it may also be reflective of other things. Cats usually hold up - even cheap ones. That is, unless you have other problems. Engine misfires will eat up cats. Many people overlook engine misfire codes since they are somewhat transient. The ramifications of these transients can be expensive though.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net