new 6 inline engine

Does anyone build a 6 cyclinder inline engine anymore?

taters2 wrote:

Makers of great cars do make inline sixes.
http://vodcast.bmw.com/stories/1430536 /
Matt

Detroit Diesel still does. Up to 515 HP http://www.detroitdiesel.com/engines/series60/specs.aspx
Chevy trailblazer has a 4.2 double overhead cam inline six. Scott

GM builds a straight 6. I hear good things about it too.
taters2 wrote:

The Jeep Wrangler has an available 4.0 liter inline six. It is an updated version of the Rambler six-cylinder engine introduced by American Motors for the 1964 model year. (I'm not sure how much longer this engine will be in production, but it's still listed for the 2006 Wrangler -- 42 years is a pretty good run!)
snipped-for-privacy@techie.com wrote:

I read recently that it is being replaced by a V-6. I think I read this in Popular Mechanics.
Matt
My sister had one 67 rambler, even she couldn't kill it. Had 7 main bearings!!! Very stout. I had the 63 Rambler model with the 6 cyl aluiminum block. Bought it with Blown head gasket! Resurfaced the block with a BIG file