Re: 2004 Sonata v4 Vibrates

Hi, I'm not sure, based on the date of your post, if you have resolved this issue with Hyundai USA. I'm having the same vibration problem with my 4 cyl. and ,like you, they are giving me the run around and assuring me that this is a "normal characteristic." Have you gotten any help in this matter from the manufacturer? If so, please pass any helpful info on, they will not take responsibility for this defect. Thanks

Reply to
dextrose

Haven't checked this group in over a year, so sorry for the long delay. The answer is no, they would not help out with this and stated it is normal. I filed a complaint with corporate and never heard from them. They just blew me off. When this vehicle gets paid down enough to trade in, it won't be another Hyundai. This is my 4th Hyundai, you'd think they would want to retain my business, but guess not.

I've had several calls over the past year from "service managers", inquiring as to my satisfaction etc., with the car. Since every call brings a new service manager, I've repeated the problem to each one and still get the same stock reply. I returned the vehicle three times to the service department to correct the vibrations and at the last visit they refused to check it out again stating that the general area manager had checked it out at last visit and said it was inherent in the engine and not a warranty issue and they would do nothing. Sounds like a class action would be required to get them to deal with this defect.

Reply to
Nessie