Replacement clip for 05 Sonata Fascia

While installing a new radio, I somehow lost one of the little metal "clips" that hold the fascia in place. So it's kind of loose. Is it some standard form of clip I can get anywhere, or does it need to be ordered from hyundai?

Thanks

Reply to
Wooti

Several manufacturers probably use them, but I don't know where you'd get one generically unless you know someone who has a collection of those types of clips. Your easiest bet is to probably go to the dealer and order one, or if you're on really good terms, they may ask a couple of the technicians if they can scrounge one up. Techs tend to hold onto whatever spare stuff like that they can get because they know how useful it is when they're in a pinch.

Reply to
hyundaitech

You might also want to check with local radio installers. There's always the option of hitting a local junkyard. I'm sure you could get a handful of these for little or no cost, especially if you're buying something else.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

The guys that supply body shops with materials often have racks of clips for all kinds of cars, all kinds of trim pieces. It's worth a couple of phone calls. Hyundaitech's advice is good as well, but I'd add that it would pay to go to the dealer's body shop and not the parts counter. Just like aftermarket body shops, the dealer's body shop usually has miscellaneous stuff laying around. I've picked up a lot of small stuff this way.

Reply to
Mike Marlow