Ford 6006e removeable Fascia

Does anyone know where I could buy a removeable fascia for my 6006e CD Changer unit.

My car was recently recovered after being stolen and the fascia is missing. Ford have quoted £500 to replace the entire unit.

Regards Jeff Cumpsty

Reply to
Jeffrey Cumpsty

If it was stolen, then claim on your insurance.

The 6006 head unit is _very_ popular amongst pikeys, because it's a straigh= t=20 swap for the old X000 series in the older Fords[0].

OTOH, you could try a different Ford garage. IIRC, (from my manual) Ford=20 will replace the fascia if you can prove (with the serial number, and the= =20 VIN of your car) that the radio is yours.

The radio _is_ yours isn't it? :-)

Pete.

[0] Apologies if the 6006e is the Sony unit in the 2004 model Mondeo!

--=20 NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail

Reply to
Pete Smith

Ford sell them in the parts department for about £70.00. However I have a spare one if you want to make me an offer.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Yes it is mine. The car was stolen FROM me not BY me. :-)

A different Ford Garage have said it can be ordered.

Reply to
Jeffrey Cumpsty

Suppose there's a lesson learned in remembering to remove the facia (or little thin plastic bit like I think it is on there) :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I have to ask.... How? With the keys?