Window goes down/not up

My passenger window started acting funny a few weeks ago. It would go down just fine but then I started having a problem going back up. I took the door apart and took the motor out and it does nothing now. So
I replaced it with a junkyard motor and now the motor works fine going down, but once again no up. Could it be a wiring short somewhere or could it just be the motors? Thanks.
It's probably the switch. If it's a four door and not an XG, try using one of the switches from another door.
On 16 Jul 2005 04:53:52 -0700, "Hurricane1000"

Not trying to be a smart ass, but...
What did you expect to happen after you took the motor out? Without the motor, there's nothing to make the window go up OR down.
uhhhh he replaced the motor the motor with one from the scrap yard... :P
did u make sure nothings bunching up on your window tracks inside the door or maybye a bad switch?

oooops my record skipped =)

OK I figured it out yesterday. The junkyard motor is good. The old motor AND the switch were bad. I appreciate all the help I'm getting. hyundaitech...u da man....U should just give me your # so I can call u with my 50 questions....lol....Thanks again all.
No, reread the OP. Original motor didn't work right and was removed. Then window wouldn't work at all. Next, they put in the junkyard motor and back to the original problem.

Could this be the door jam wiring problem? Also, has anyone done this to their Elantra? I have the kit from Hyudai, just wondering how much time am i looking at for the job?