Window goes down/not up

My passenger window started acting funny a few weeks ago. It would go down just fine but then I started having a problem going back up. I took the door apart and took the motor out and it does nothing now. So I replaced it with a junkyard motor and now the motor works fine going down, but once again no up. Could it be a wiring short somewhere or could it just be the motors? Thanks.

Reply to
Hurricane1000

It's probably the switch. If it's a four door and not an XG, try using one of the switches from another door.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Not trying to be a smart ass, but...

What did you expect to happen after you took the motor out? Without the motor, there's nothing to make the window go up OR down.

Reply to
NobodyMan

uhhhh he replaced the motor the motor with one from the scrap yard... :P

Reply to
Jody

Reply to
Jody

OK I figured it out yesterday. The junkyard motor is good. The old motor AND the switch were bad. I appreciate all the help I'm getting. hyundaitech...u da man....U should just give me your # so I can call u with my 50 questions....lol....Thanks again all.

Reply to
Hurricane1000

Reply to
NobodyMan

Could this be the door jam wiring problem? Also, has anyone done this to their Elantra? I have the kit from Hyudai, just wondering how much time am i looking at for the job?

NobodyMan wrote:

Reply to
Frank & Sharon