'83 diesel glow plugs

Any advise to make replacing the 4 glow plugs go easier? C223 in an '83 P'up. The back two are cake, however I have a huge AC compressor in the way of
the front two. I definitely cannot disconnect any hoses from it but I would like to at least unhook it from the bracket to gain access to those front two glow plugs. Any secret tricks or am I just in for bloody knuckles and frustration?
Dave,
I had the same problem a few years ago. I did mine with the A/C compressor in place, and got my knuckles bloody. Since A/C was actually a dealer-installed option back then, we may have different compressors. I don't recall a problem with the front two, but I had problems with at least one.
Jack
--
http://www.isuzupup.com

DaveJr wrote:
Hey Jack, I did the same thing. Very tricky finger work and a small wrench. We probably have the same AC setup. I also had the alternator rebuilt to new condition for about $100. My engine has only 73,000 miles on it, so with the $150 total investment including new glow plugs, I should be good to go for another 22 years. :)
By the way, have you ever had any weird problems with your gas gauge?

DaveJr wrote:

gauge?
Weird problems? Well, the needle keeps moving to the "E" about every 500 miles!
Jack

In another posting in this newsgroup, titled 'funny gas guage' , I was asking something about that.