89 pup 2.3 won't idle

Hello;           My 89 pickup 2.3 wants to stall when I come to a stop. It runs fine off idle. I turned up the idle speed but this will not stop
it from stalling. The problem is periodic, sometimes it will idle fine for a while and then want to quit. This happens most often when I am going downhill! I have checked for moisture in the distributor, tried gas dry in the tank, and changed the fuel filter.
Any Ideas will be appreciated!
    JW
Carb'ed? Try carb cleaner. It would to be to much work to clean the carb float. But spray clean the ideal jet, and add carb cleaner to a fuel tank and see if it helps.