1986 jag vdp v6 troubles

have a few things. what would cause ticking(clicking) on an injector. what beside a tuneup helps fluctuating idle

Reply to
joelruiz

All injectors make a slight ticking noise. I do not know of anything that would cause one to be louder. I would suspect that a loud ticking was somewhere in the valve train such as a sticky valve, broken spring, worn camshaft lobe, etc..

Reply to
Don Young

hey thanx don i did routine tune up yesterday and found this idling problem gradually rear its head from previous suspicion. i also found a vaccum hose that had been melted from sitting on the manifold. tune up involved: oil, oil filter, spark plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor cap,coolant, fuel filter and a good wipe down. i drove it to work this morning and had heck of a time with the idling, it actually turned off on me at one point. ran great after 2nd gear @2500 rpm's though.

Reply to
joelruiz

Have you recently disconnected the battery? If so, go to

and go through the iscv reset procedures.

Reply to
Gunner