another X300 problem

Hiya all,

further to the previous post about the gearbox warning light,,,,,,,

The car's a '95 X300 4 litre with 117k miles in the UK

Today after work the car started and idled just fine. I drove it about 100 yards and the engine stopped. It would start but not idle. I tried this about ten times and each time the gearbox warning light came on. I started it again and held it at 2000 rpm for two minutes and the engine would now idle. I restarted and the warning light went out and the car's driven home just fine.

Now, it sat outside in the rain all weekend and started ok this morning but after 8 hours in a covered car park it acts up.

The car has a full service history and had it's last oil change 8 weeks ago.

any help greatly appreciated once again.

ta

pottsy

Something clogging the fuel system? Was this immediately after service? If changed, is there a "FLOW" arrow on the fuel filter?

On another note, could something in the trans be triggering the light and stopping the engine? Or can a relay be shot that triggers the gearbox light and shuts down the engine?

Reply to
Jon A