Newbie Needs Help Please

Hi all. I'm brand new here and looking to get into the Jaguar community. I have a nice stable of BMW's, M3, M5, 740 and a M Z3, but I've always had a yearning for a Jag.

I don't want to start any wars here, but I'm not that fond of the "new" styling. I DO however, absolutely LOVE the older (and I'm not that familiar with the model types) Jags like the Sovereigns, XJ, XS, Van Den Plas, etc. (sorry if I've made any mistakes).

I would very much appreciate any information or links to resources so I can decide on which model I would like, as well as what to watch out for, etc.

My first experience was with a new XKE when I was 17. A totally hot 25 or so year old neighbor lady asked me and a buddy to take her car into the dealership for service. It was amazing. Could barely take it out of 2nd gear! To her the car was a lemon - all kinds of electrical problems and they ended up replacing the entire wiring harness. But still, what a beautiful car! I was hooked. Once I was able to afford nice cars I never really considered buying one because of all the negative comments I heard about problems, quality control, expense of repairs, etc. Whether this is true or not, I don't care any more. I can afford one now and I've got to have one. Love is stupid I guess.

Thank you all in advance for any help and advice.

Cheers

Reply to
tech27

WayneC

Wayne,

You are very welcome to come and play here. This is being renamed the Blake and Stuart Newsgroup because we seem to be the only ones who contribute regularly. I'm really pleased to hear that you are keen on Jags, particularly as you rate them above all that German rubbish.

Now the one thing you need to remember is that REAL Jags dont have 6 cylinders, they have 12. Real Jags also rust and do about 3 mpg, but thats all part of the fun and games.

Go out and get one !!!

Best Wishes

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

Geez Stu !! And you wonder why there are less and less contributors!! Webserve

Reply to
webserve

Not above, but in the same class. Not rubbish, but fine cars. Please don't make me start with "Ford Euro Crap" and the like. Just cars I like.

Reply to
tech27

You need to pardon Stu. He's so enthusiastic that he is speaking about 2 Jags having 12 cylinders and getting 3 mpg.

Reply to
Jon A.

Hiya,

That nearly brought a tear to my eye. Just tell me the number of the pub and I will buy you a pint.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Is he the same guy who traded his 38 year old wife in for a couple of 19 year old twins?

Reply to
tech27

Reply to
Jon A.

If I was I would be using my time doing something altogether and not typing messages onto a newsgroup !!!

Reply to
Stuart Adair

Well, obviously you're not, because you are.

Reply to
tech27