AMC carb question

My dad has an '84 CJ-7 that he restored. It has an AMC 150 engine with a single throat carb, with some kind of electronic engine control. He believes that the electronic module? is bad and it is very expensive to replace. It is much cheaper to replace the whole carburetor. The problem is that the only replacement that he can find is for 'off road' only, or so it says. Considering that we live in NE Ohio and are subject to E-check by the state, we were wondering if the 'off road' version was legal to use and if it would have any trouble passing the emissions test if it were installed.

I put a rather lame version of this question that was lacking information on this newsgroup last week. Hopefully there is sufficient info in this post.

Thank You,

Chip

Reply to
Chip