Body Lift vs. Suspension Lift vs. Spring Over

some of the folks in the local 4WD club were kicking around body lift, suspension lifts, and switching the leaf springs to the top of the diff housing from the normal position below. i thought i would toss this out this group for discussion. i certainly know what the various ways to increase clearance for larger tires and the ground.

So what are the advantages and disadvantages both initial and operational, costs for parts, effort to install (labor and special tools and equipment) and results, etc. for say a 4inch body lift, a 4 inch suspension lift, and the spring over?

Assume the target is a nice stock CJ7, or whatever if it helps the discussion.

Offloading around here (east TN) includes mudding, rock climbing, and hill climbing...

Thanks for the discussion, ~steve

Reply to
River Horse

SOA is the best bang for the buck IMHO. Requires some welding though (perches and shock mounts).

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

A FOUR INCH BODY LIFT?!?! n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

I looked at a YJ here recently with a 4" body lift (that was the only lift) and it was done really poorly at that. Man did it look dumb. I walked away within 1 minute of getting there.

Reply to
griffin