CJ-7 Fuel Fill hoses question

O.k. I went and bought a fancy-schmancy fuel door/cap.

I haven't heard back from the company yet, so I'm asking here.

I filled in all the holes in the back of my Jeep tub for LED taillights and a bit cleaner look. I also welded in a patch where the fuel fill hole was so I could install the Cool Cap on the passenger side aft of the rear tire. Trouble is this fuel door/cap only has one tube for the fuel to the tank, however my CJ has two fuel fill lines. One must be the vapor return. WTF do I do with it? I can't just let it hang and I don't see how I could run it up high and let it vent without some kind of one way valve to prevent crud from getting in my tank. Could I put in some kind of Y?

TIA!

Reply to
Jeepers

Try here

go to Hardware and then deck fittings and fuel vents

Your other hose should go to to a fuel vent. If the hose size is different they have adapters to mate different size hoses together. BTW look at the price of there fuel filler, identical to yours and 20 bucks cheaper.

Reply to
mark

That is the fill vent and the bubble tube for shutting off automatic gas nozzles. If you could get a copper or brass Y in at the very top of the filler hose it would work. You would need to be above the level the gas filler nozzle can reach down to so it pushes gas just down the one tube and lets the air back up the smaller one.

Mike

Mike Romain

Excellent!

Not so excellent.

But this site has plenty of other good stuff! Thanks!

Reply to
Jeepers

This sounds like what I'd rather do.

I thought so, but wasn't certain. Thanks, again!

Reply to
Jeepers