four or six in sport

hi men, just saw an ebay jeep 2001 that said it was a sport but had a four cylinder, i didnt think they made sports with four cylinders. am i wrong. thanks john jr

Reply to
jeep

Maybe the seller meant 4.0L. I mix it up all the time myself. "jeep" wrote in message news:FFyvg.3560$us.2056@trnddc04... hi men, just saw an ebay jeep 2001 that said it was a sport but had a four cylinder, i didnt think they made sports with four cylinders. am i wrong. thanks john jr

Reply to
reconair
  1. The Sport gets the 6, the SE gets the 4. The X also gets the 6, but is otherwise equipped similarlly to the SE.

You are not wrong, the guy that posted on eBay has made a mistake.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hi

In England you can get the following Jeeps for 2001 (Data from insurance company website)

JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNIVERSARY 2001-2001 3960cc 3 DOOR ESTATE Manual Petrol JEEP WRANGLER SAHARA - HARD TOP 1997- 3960cc 3 DOOR ESTATE Manual Petrol JEEP WRANGLER SPORT - SOFT TOP 1997- 3960cc COUPE Manual Petrol

JEEP WRANGLER SPORT - SOFT TOP 1997-2001 2464cc COUPE Manual Petrol

Not sure its the same in the US.

Cheers

Matt

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
toxicated101

Is this also true for a 1992 Sport?

Reply to
Steve Foley

Hi

I tried with the same DB for 1992 and I got the following

JEEP WRANGLER (INJ) 1992-1997 2464cc COUPE Manual Petrol JEEP WRANGLER (INJ) 1992-1997 3956cc COUPE Manual Petrol

No mention of sport any where.

Again this is in the UK.

Cheers

Matt

Steve Foley wrote:

Reply to
toxicated101

I do not recall ever hearing of a '92 Sport. '92 Jeeps are YJs, and the Sport is a trim package that comes on the '97 and later TJs.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Ah ha...

I'm thinking about a Cherokee Sport......

I didn't realize that Sport was also a trim package for TJs.

According to kbb.com, 92 Cherokee Sport is avialable in both 4 and 6 cylinder.

My boss owns one that his son drives. He said he's thinking of trading it in towards a new car, but doesn't expect to get anything for it, so I may be able to grab it cheap.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

The Sport Cherokee is a base model with hand-crank windows and manual door locks.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

My 2000 Cherokee Sport had electric windows and electric locks

Reply to
billy ray

Okay, then maybe I had it backwards, the Cherokee Sport is the one with the options ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Jeff, I no longer have the window sticker, they may have been options as it was the Service Manager's wife's vehicle before I bought it.

Reply to
billy ray